Have your IFR and need to keep it current? Maintain your IFR proficiency without the cost of renting an aircraft! The IPC basically replaces the IFR renewal flight test. The standard is still based on the Transport Canada Flight Test Guide but follows a proficiency method rather than a pass/fail method. With the IPC, no recommendation is required. Depending on the level of proficiency of the candidate, preparation and practice will vary.
2-7 days, depending on booking availability.
IPC Check Requirements
- Hold a valid IFR rating
- Hold a current medical
- 3.0 dual hours in our Redbird FMX
- 1.0 briefing hour with an instructor
- IPC Ride (test fee by examiner and Redbird FMX time)
- Dual Redbird training: $165.00/hr
- Advanced ground instruction/briefing: $85.00/hr
- 'Solo' Redbird time (for flight test): $80.00/hr
- IPC Ride (payable to flight examiner): $350.00
All rates are also posted here.
Actual times required to successfuly complete the IPC Check are based on proficiency, and will vary by pilot.
All prices subject to applicable taxes, and subject to change without notice.