Careers in Aviation
At Mitchinson Flight Centre we understand your desire to make a career out of what you love! We’ve been where you are now and have the answers to your questions. Feel free to call or visit and talk to one of our instructors or owners who have flown in almost every aspect of the aviation industry.
Mitchinson has a long history of guiding pilots to the careers they desire and we are very excited to have the opportunity to do the same for you! Below are samples of the many and diverse career options a pilot may choose. All come with specific challenges and working conditions. As you learn to fly and hone your skills you will begin to understand which path is right for you!
• Entry-level flying position • MFC hires many qualified graduates • Great way to build Pilot in Command flight time
• Operating single-engine or light twin-engine aircraft through various communities for hire
• Must be willing to relocate
• After receiving CPL, some ramp time will be required • Ramp time may be waived if pilot has more than 500 hours PIC • Must be willing to relocate to northern communities
• Operating multi-engine aircraft equipped with lifesaving equipment on board • Pilot would be expected to be on-call as flying could occur at any time
• Requires specialized training and certification • Seasonal flying
• Requires extensive bush flying experience
• Seasonal flying • Highly specialized
• Operating out of northern communities
• Requires previous flying experience, such as flight instruction or bush flying • Pilot may have to maintain an on-call schedule - Operate into large and small aerodromes
• Fly state-of-the-art aircraft • Deploy world-wide • Numerous operations and aircraft available
• Generally flying for a large corporation
• Requires at least 1500 hours • Pilot may have an on-call schedule • World-wide operations
• State-of-the-art aircraft
• Structured schedule and routes within country/province • Requires at least 1500 hours • Reliable personal schedule • Generally based out of major cities
• Reliable schedule • Generally require minimum 3000 hours flying time • World wide route structure • Pilot bases in various major cities
CHOOSING A CAREER
Contact our team for more information about the career paths available.