YOUR TICKET TO A CAREER IN AVIATION
The CPL is your ticket to a career in aviation as a pilot and will allow you to fly for hire and reward. Other than being proficient in either English or French there are no special educational requirements. Depending on previous experience, time building may be required to meet the minimum of 200 hours. The Night Rating and VFR OTT are included in the CPL program.
Anticipate 4-6 months if full-time, 1-2 years if part-time.
Transport Canada Requirements
- Must have PPL;
- Mitchinson’s requires a high school diploma or an equivalent secondary school completion;
- You must have reached your 18th birthday to receive a CPL;
- Category 1 Aviation Medical;
- Minimum 80 hours of ground school;
- 65 hours of flight training of which 35 hours are dual instruction and 30 hours are solo practice;
- Minimum 200 hours total flight time of which 100 hours are Pilot in Command (PIC) including 20 hours cross-country;
- All previous flying experience counts towards the required 200 hours total time, time building may be required;
- Written exam with a pass mark of 60%;
- Flight Test: Transport Canada approved Pilot Examiner on staff
Note: The above training requirements represent TC minimums. It may take some students more time to complete depending on ability or if training flights are not consistently scheduled and flown.
In our experience, most students take more than the Transport Canada requirements to complete their license and our cost estimates reflect the average student’s flight hour requirements.
Total Dual: 36 hours
Total Solo: 84 hours
Total Simulator: 4 hours
Total Briefing: 25 hours