Chief Flight Instructor/Chief Pilot
Mitchinson Flying Service (dba Mitchinson Flight Centre - MFC), Saskatchewan’s largest Flight Training Unit, is looking for a Chief Flight Instructor/Chief Pilot.
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, MFC has been in continuous operation since 1946 and is currently owned by four airline pilots who are all previous students of MFC. We are a full service FTU, offering all licenses from PPL, CPL, MIFR and seaplane ratings, as well as working with the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Commercial Pilot Program. We operate a fleet of12 aircraft and a Redbird FMX Simulator. We also operate under CAR 702/703 for aircraft charters.
As the CFI and Chief Pilot, you must meet the qualifications as outlined in 426.22 and 723.07 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations. You will help to ensure the safe and efficient flight operations, compliance with Transport Canada regulations, and you will continue to guide MFC into a growing and diverse flight training environment.
Successful Applicants must have:
- Class 1 or 2 Instructor Rating
- Multi Engine and Instrument Rating
- Airline Transport Pilot License
- The legal right to work in Canada
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Previous CFI, assistant CFI or other management experience
- Previous Chief Pilot experience in 702/703 operations
- Authorized Pilot Examiner from Transport Canada
- Approved Check Pilot (ACP)
- Authorized Person from Transport Canada
- Authorized Exam Invigilator from Transport Canada
- Authorized Aviation Language Proficiency Examiner from Transport Canada
- Authorized Radio License issuer
- Previous Seaplane experience
Thank you for you interest, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Position: Class 2,3,4 Flight Instructors
Mitchinson Flight Centre
Hangar 8 - 2620 Thayer Avenue
Saskatoon, SK S7L 6S1
Aircraft Types: C-152,C-172,C-182,C-185,C-310
About Mitchinson Flight Centre
Since 1946, Mitchinson Flight Centre has been the premiere destination for pilot training in Saskatchewan. Our professional flight instructors train pilots to the highest standards and always place safety and quality of instruction first.
MFC is seeking FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR(S). Successful candidates will be responsible for:
• Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment;
• Delivering flight and ground school training;
• Maintaining student files;
• Establishing, maintaining and validating the documentation required by Transport Canada;
• Utilizing various teaching methods and strategies to meet the individual needs of learners.
• Class II, III or IV Instructor Rating;
• A combination of training and experience deemed acceptable by MFC;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to take initiative, work independently as well as be a part of a team;
• Outgoing, professional attitude
• Group 1 Instrument Rating;
• 50 hours Multi-Engine time;
• Recent Instructional Experience;
• Available to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends
• Post-secondary education in aviation would be an asset
Thank you for your interest in this position; those selected for an interview will be contacted and interviews will be held shortly after.